Latest update: December 2021So far, we plan to continue meeting in 2022. Please check this web site regularly for the latest information. We will try our best to keep it up to date.
Health and Safety GuidanceThis H/S reminder was first issued for the Carols night on December 17th 2021, but continues to apply.
As the Omicron version gains pace we feel we should be more vigilant. So here are some measures we would like to implement.
- Before coming please take a Lateral Flow test if you can. It is as effective with Omicron as with Delta.
- The windows will be open as usual (bring a coat!)
- Masks will be available for you to wear between songs and when conversing closely with friends. (or you can bring your own, of course)
- Jenny will be reminding people about mask wearing when not sitting down and if she doesn’t please could someone remind her!
- We will take temperatures, digitally, at the door. It could be a symptom - see below.
Two points from the WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION
- There is currently no information to suggest that symptoms associated with Omicron are different from those from other variants.
- The most effective steps individuals can take to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus is to keep a physical distance of at least 1 metre from others; wear a well-fitting mask; open windows to improve ventilation; avoid poorly ventilated or crowded spaces [i.e. our kitchen!]; keep hands clean; cough or sneeze into a bent elbow or tissue [.....].